Ottawa City Soccer Club understands the importance of all Ottawa residents having equal opportunity to participate in soccer programs and enjoy the benefits of being active. To help make this possible, the Club will provide financial assistance to qualified applicants for most Club programs, when fiscally possible.
Ottawa City SC Fee Assistance Policy/Application
See below: Registration Process (if receiving assistance) Financial Assistance Options & Need More Time To Pay?
To review the policy and complete an application, please click the link below:
There are many local organizations offering support; you are welcome to apply to any of them. Submissions to more than one agency are an option for players with higher fees (representative/competitive) as players are responsible for 100% of registration fees (funding and/or personal payment). We find many players have success with these organizations.
Please note that funding checks are sent directly to OCSC.
Ensure you apply under Ottawa City SC.
Public/Catholic Schools – you may be able to get Recreational Program funding from your School Board. Elementary School (1-8), check with your School Board. High School (9-12), ask your guidance counsellor.
JumpStart – Jumpstart Charities gives kids a sporting chance. Who we fund is simple: kids. Kids who want to get active. Kids who want to learn a new sport or activity. Kids who want to keep up with a sport or activity they already enjoy. Kids aged 4 to 18 from families in financial need can receive funding to help with registration fees, equipment and/or
Jumpstart Application Guidance
Kidsport – KidSport believes that no kid should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. KidSport provides support to children (18 and under) in order to remove financial barriers that prevent them from playing organized sport.
Their Opportunity – Their Opportunity exists to provide families who can’t afford to enroll their children in local sports programs the means to do so. We believe that giving a child the opportunity to play sports will not only get them active but develop their character, social and life skills. What makes us different: Children that have received funding are required to “pay it forward” through a give-back program. Children use the skills they have developed through sport to enhance community through service and engagement.
Follow These Steps
STEP 1: Apply for funding.
Apply for funding. Send confirmation of funding application to Executive Director (Jumpstart will give you a confirmation number).
Step 2: Register with OCSC.
Register our online registration system, Uplifter. Use your previously created account (Log In) or if new to our Club, create a new account (SignUp).
The confirmed financial assistance check will be sent directly to the Ottawa City SC. We will let you know when it arrives and has been applied to your account. You make the balance of any fee payments owing by automatic instalments (step 3).
- NEW ACCOUNTS: Register yourself as guardian and add your child(ren) and spouse if desired as players (Profile/Add a Family Member) with date of birth.
- Select the ‘Register Now’ button; available programs based on player’s date of birth will be available under Recreational, Competitive, Camps, etc.
Select the desired program(s) from the list, click submit..
- Continue checkout process through the terms/conditions and consent boxes, click submit.
- Complete registration and payment. **
** If program registration fees are the same or less than your requested financial assistance, STOP at the payment/credit card page and email the Executive Director.
- Email the Executive Director to notify of registration. She will update your payments by the amount of your requested financial assistance (the financial assistance payment amount is delayed).
- You make the balance of any fee payments owing by automatic instalments (step 3).
- The financial assistance check will be sent directly to the Ottawa City SC. We will let you know when it arrives and has been applied to your account.
YOUR PLAYER IS NOT CONFIRMED / REGISTERED IN A PROGRAM UNTIL THIS IS COMPLETED.
If you need help with your financial assistance application, bring all required documents to the OCSC office during office hours.
Need More Time To Pay
If you will NOT be receiving funding assistance but may need help with payment flexibility, please contact the Registrar. We may be able to help with instalment payments. Please do this early (January-February-March-April) instead of at season start when it is more difficult for the Club to work out a payment schedule.
- Contact the Registrar.
- Players should REGISTER asap to hold a spot and so the Club can plan on team size and team numbers for League entry. Registration will be through the waivers, to the payment page.
- A minimum deposit to hold your spot will be required and you can work out payments with the Registrar.