Ottawa City Soccer Club Refund Policy
This policy and procedure outlines refunds for all Club programs.
Refund requests must be made in writing to the Club (help@OttawaCitySoccer.com), will be considered on an individual basis and accorded as below:
- Refunds will be processed within 21 business days in the same form as payment (your credit card company may take a day or two longer to show the refund).
- Etransfer: Payments received by Etransfer or Cash can only be refunded by cheque, and will take longer than our standard 21 day business policy.
- Refunds are not granted for inclement weather.
- A doctor’s note is required for cancellations due to medical reasons.
- Refunds of $26 or less will not be processed; they will be left as a credit in your account.
- Club credits expire if not used as described below. Contact the Registrar for an exception to this usage. Winter season credits are for use in the following spring/summer season.?Spring/summer season credits are for use in the following winter season.
Ottawa City Soccer Club will honor refund requests for the program for which the participant has been registered until 30 days prior to the start of the program. This policy encompasses all of our programs (Competitive, Recreational, Camps as well as all Skill Development sessions).
All refund requests must be submitted in writing to help@OttawaCitySoccer.com, and all refunds are subject to a $35/player administration fee.
No refunds will be provided after these deadlines, except in the following circumstances:
- A player canceling registration on medical grounds will qualify for a full refund (if injured prior to program start). In the event of a mid-season injury, the participant will be eligible for a pro-rated refund, (see details below). In both cases, a doctor’s note is required.
- In special or extenuating circumstances at the discretion of the Executive Director.
In acknowledging the registration form, Members accept the Club’s Refund Policy conditions, registration conditions and financial implications.
REFUNDS – SEASON ENDING INJURY
In the event a player suffers a season ending injury while participating in a sanctioned Ottawa City Soccer Club activity, an application for a refund may be made. This application must be in writing (email is fine) and accompanied by an accident report from the coach and a note from the attending physician. The amount of the refund will be pro-rated as follows:
(a) Refund Base = Registration Fees LESS:
1. OS/EODSA Registration Fee (if charged)
2. Assessment Fee (Competitive/ Representative)
3. Administrative Fee
(b) Refund = Refund Base (above) at the following rates:
55% up to 31 May
40% 1-30 June
15% 1-31 July
(c) Any amounts owed to the Club (e.g. for previous registrations, unpaid fines) will be subtracted from the refund before it is paid.